Dog's Name & Age
Gabrialla aka Gabby age 18mos.
In a Word, My Yorkshire Terrier Is…
Best Characteristics of the Breed
Sweet, loving and so adorable
Most Challenging Characteristics of the Breed
Very stubborn and hard to housebreak
When, Where and How I Got My Yorkshire Terrier
A breeder friend gave me my Yorkie. I had been her babysitter since she was 12 weeks old and had kept her off and on since. After one breeding Gabby lost her only puppy. The breeder gave me her.
I'd Describe My Dog As…
Sweet. She's a sweet dog that wants to please me. She loves my Chihuahua to pieces but rules him. She's very playful. Loves her toys and her brother Pippie. Gabby loves long walks and plenty of exercise. She's content in the car on trips too. Enjoys whatever we do. She's a delight to be around since she's always happy and ready for anything. She's got a beautiful coat which is actually hair like ours not dog fur. She loves to be brushed every morning too. She's a sweetheart and I wouldn't be without her.
As far as medical problems...none yet but she's only 18 months old. I have heard that Yorkies have teeth problems so we brush her teeth every day.
- Yorkies are stubborn, like to be the boss, hard to housebreak, don't take surgery well, and like to bark.
- You must let them know who is the boss from the get go.
- And you have to be diligent about housebreaking and no barking.
- They are work but well worth it.
- I don't think a Yorkie is a good dog for small children as they are a bit on the fragile side. An older child wouldn't be a problem.
- Yorkies need groomed also, so can be a bit of high maintenance, but worth it all.
- I would recommend a Yorkie. They are active and like exercise so not for a stay in type of person.