There are actually two ways to get your dog's photo on this site:
- Talk About Your Dog: This is a way that you can tell your dog's story, discuss your dog's breed (or mix) and submit up to two photos. Think of it as your dog's very own personal profile - written by you.
- Submit your photo directly to me for use in photo galleries and various articles. Though I will try to use your photo as soon as possible, please bear in mind that there is no guarantee your photo can be used at all, or how long it will take for your photo to be posted.
To submit photos to the Dogs site, simply send an email to email@example.com. Make sure you include the following in your email:
- Subject line reading "Photo Submission"
- Your full name (please indicate if you do not want your last name used, or if you have a nickname you would like used for photo credit)
- A description of the photo with any information about your dog that you would like to include (preferably include the pet's name, age and breed)
- Photo(s) in an attachment
Note: Please send photos in .jpg format at a minimum size of 500x500 pixels, but not more than 1 MB.
- Please copy and paste the following text into your message:
I understand there is no guarantee that my photo(s) will appear on the About Dogs site. I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to About.com. About.com and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify About.com for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material.
For more information, please see our user agreement.
Remember to keep checking back to see if your photo is up. Thanks for your submission!