1. Home

ghost dog halloween costume

Halloween can be a fun time of year for adults and kids - but it can also be a blast for dogs! Many dogs revel in the attention they get when they are all dressed up in costumes. Plus, they really enjoy the extra treats! Just make sure you don't let your dog get into the human treats - candy and chocolate can really make your dog sick.

Are you thinking of dressing up your dog this year? If so, perhaps you can take some suggestions from the Halloween costume photo gallery. Already have a great costume? Tell us about it! Also, submit a photo of your dog in costume and I will try to post it in my gallery. Happy Halloween!

Comments

October 5, 2008 at 6:12 pm
(1) gayle47 says:

Yes, they have hankercheifs that i put around their necks. They already spook everybody with their barks and growls. So the Halloween hankies are extra spooky.

October 5, 2008 at 6:13 pm
(2) James says:

Hi Jenna!

My wife and I dressed up our two little dogs last year and will probably do it again this year. We dressed our puggle up as a spider and our little chihuahua up as a 4 star General. It was hilarious! We all had a great time.

October 5, 2008 at 6:28 pm
(3) gayle47 says:

I failed to mention my 3 spooky babies are 2 dachshunds and 1 adopted chaweenie. To the spider pooch and general, Keep Up The Good Work !

October 5, 2008 at 7:43 pm
(4) Diana says:

I think that dressing dogs in clothes is mean. They always look to me like they’ve lost their dignity sitting there in silly outfits. I would never dress my dog up at all-the most he gets is a collar and if I could get him to walk without one he wouldn’t even have that! Naked puppies rule!

October 6, 2008 at 12:29 am
(5) A.H. says:

We dress our Shih-Poo like a little devil, and our Maltese like a pumpkin. They love the attention they get from everyone when we take them out all dressed up. Our dogs wag their tails extra fast when they see they get to dress up in any clothes that we have for them. They are such little hams!

October 6, 2008 at 11:21 am
(6) lorrie says:

i have a 3yr old cocker spaniel. she doesn’t like to go for rides, but when my husband and i are playing with her, we ask her if she want’s to go for a ride and she stops playing and wags her tail and starts to howl. what causes her to do that. i love it when she does it, but why is she doing it.

October 9, 2008 at 12:55 pm
(7) Paris says:

I wish i had a halloween costume for my two chihauhaus!! their names are Daisy the girl(She is black and white) and Oscar my boy(He is black brown and white). thats all

October 9, 2008 at 10:14 pm
(8) Therese says:

My black Russian Terrier, Lexy, was a “horse” last year. My dad was the cowboy. This year, we found a sale on dog costumes 2 months before Halloween while shopping at Target.

Lexy gets to be a giant pumpkin this year, complete with stem hat!

October 17, 2008 at 8:13 am
(9) susie thompson says:

Check out my website..
http://www.kramerspet-travel.com . I have many costumes and lots of other fun stuff for your dog or cat. I have a fashion show every year to raise money for our local animal shelter. A real hoot!

October 17, 2008 at 11:28 am
(10) Casey Thompson says:

I make dog bandannas for a living and I made my ten year old dachshund a superman bandanna so he is going to be Supper Oskar for Halloween.

October 17, 2008 at 7:44 pm
(11) patricia m. says:

i always dress up my dogs for halloween they love it. they stand around and pose after they get dressed and love the pampering. my pittbull is going to be a dinosaur this year and my maltese is going to be a catipillar.

October 23, 2008 at 11:21 am
(12) Jackie says:

I dressed up my dog as a NYC yellow cab. I just enetered him in a halloween costume contest. Please vote for him.
Thanks

October 26, 2008 at 6:12 pm
(13) Jenna - Dogs Guide says:

I have enjoyed hearing from all of you about your pets and Halloween! I know some dogs really hate being dressed up and I think we need to respect that. However, for the dogs who like it, I really think Halloween can be tons of fun! My dog just LOVES it.

Jackie – I love Pluto’s picture and I did vote for him! Also, I added the pic to my costume gallery. Thanks!